Monday, September 1, 2014

Puerto Inka

I have to say, it is nice not to worry about time and have someone else figure out the traveling details. There is so much planning for a major trip like this in a foreign country. Organizing visas, permits, money, hotels and I am thankful and appreciative to the hosting company I choose to take this adventure with... Compass Expeditions.  And I applaud my other motorbike friends at home for challenging this on your own. I love to do it myself but this is huge,  It is part of the adventure and journey and can be stressful,  Hopefully Lifetime friendships are made with your traveling companions! 

Off to Puerto Inca, a short ride down the coast. In and out of sea fog/mist in the mountains... beautiful cool ride. Almost missing the turn off the highway, again I am pleasantly surprised by the cute little places nestled off the road... a small beach cabaƱa style hotel with rooms and a great place hosting backpackers or campers tight on the waters edge.





and of course, another archeological ruin recently discovered just over the hill...





 
 
 
Finished the day out with excellent stories from our guides, fresh fish and of course, Pisco sours!
 
and falling asleep to crashing waves... 

No comments:

Post a Comment