Monday, September 1, 2014

Riding Nazca Region

After flight, lunch and siesta we became acquainted with the motorbikes. Thank goodness I brought my own custom seat! The bike is a 700 gs, looks similar to my bike, however its a wee bit taller than my f650gs, so my custom seat gave me at least a 1/2 inch lower in height!! I am accustom to riding my bike trippy- toed but I am really stretching it here... of course the guides are laughing at my stretch... I'm not too worry though, my riding is good!

We left the compound and headed out into the sandy, rocky, gravelly roads around Nazca to see the archeological ruins that were recently discovered..(within the past 10 yrs).  Amazing terrains, and its the local peoples roads!




That's Bob from Las Vegas... the other rider.

Thank goodness for my desert experience in riding on rough terrain! It was a great time to get acquainted to the bike... not tricked out like my girl, however I am very familiar with how they handle. Poor Bob rides an Aprilia in Vegas on the road so new experience for him!

We passed old cemeteries out in the middle of nowhere. I found it very puzzling.. no homesites around and very far from town. It would be interesting to know why they chose out there... 


It was quite warm at this time of the day and I was thankful for having my vented gear for riding..
Next stop was a new archeological ruin that was discovered by an Italian hiker some 10 years ago... the shifting sand unearth this old city. Students of archeology from all over the world are coming here to assist the Peruvians in recording the find. It will be fun to follow in the future as they unearth the remaining city knowing I saw the ruins in the early stages of discovery.


Last ride for the day was to another archeological site another cemetery with mummified people....





Rode back to hotel after dark, in a strange environment, new roads and memories exploding in my head.  It was awesome!  I am feeling very grateful at this moment...

1 comment: