Monday, September 1, 2014

Ride to Arequipa

Woke up this morning plagued with the dreaded upset GI tract.... ugh... not going to be fun on a motorbike!  So much for the fresh fish..so I thought but others that ate it were fine.. Traded a Bandaid for Imodium with Bob, lol....

Most amazing ride 250 miles up and around mountains, sand dunes, steep elevations, twisty roads, dodging rocks on the roads, huge diesel trucks, cars, sea fog.... anything goes on these roads! Just be safe!  Trucks pass on the right, they pass on curves, they are everywhere. Always a surprise around the corner! It was so much fun, I felt like I was in a video game. Please do not worry family, I am actually pretty good at this style of riding.... lol.


 Note the huge sand dune behind us....




 
Completing the day in Arequipa with coffee at the next hotel... Las Mercedes

Bob, Eduardo, Alain

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with the GI issue. I was hit with that 1/2 way through my trip. Bad Pizza, I think for me.

    You're observation of the traffic is very accurate and yet I never saw an accident. Good mirrors are a must...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi great pictures and text. I know you are having fun. Keep the pictures coming .
    I liked those Arkie sites with ancient people. Happy riding.

    ReplyDelete